Case Study: Maple Leaf Financial
Maple Leaf Financial (Maple) is an independent claims management company that advises customers on compensation matters for mis-sold financial products. The company opened a brand new office in Oakham, Rutland in premises without prior data cabling. It needed a robust networking solution that would enable it to be up and running as quickly as possible.
The challenge for Maple was to find a reliable networking solution that would facilitate the connection of eight workstations together and to the internet within a matter of hours – Including computers, printers and VoIP telephones.
Maple initially considered installing CAT5 structured cabling – however the time and further redecoration costs for installation, together with a 2 week wait for installation, rendered the overall cost too high – requiring removal of carpets and floorboards. A wireless connection was also considered, though initial tests revealed reliability issues within the building.
Power Ethernet’s Powerline Sockets offered Maple Leaf Financial an easily-installed, cost effective solution for networking its office. Five Powerline Sockets, installed within a matter of hours, were enough to enable the company to connect all its computers, printers and VoIP phones together via a high speed, reliable Ethernet network.
Internet access was automatically shared across all other Powerline Sockets by connecting one of the Sockets to the company’s internet router, while built-in Quality of Service (QoS) helped prioritise applications such as VoIP over other network applications, ensuring an optimum quality for phone communications.
“The Powerline Sockets provided us with the best option in quickly establishing a fast and reliable network, enabling us to get our business up and running in a matter of hours. Installation was incredibly straightforward – at less than a third of the price we’d been quoted for CAT5 cable installation” said Belinda Milton, Office Administrator Maple Leaf Financial.
Neil Panchmatia, from Benchmark Property Services Grantham, said: “I was asked to install the Powerline Sockets in Maple’s new offices, and have to admit I’ve never seen anything quite like it. Installing the Powerline Sockets in 35mm back boxes, embedded in the plaster board, proved a very straightforward task, unlike running CAT5 cable. Set-up and testing time took only minutes, and after attaching computers, printers, IP phone and the router, everything just worked out of the box.”
Recent releases and articles
- Power Ethernet is a finalist for “Best Training Initiative” at the CEDIA Awards 2013
- Housing Technology: Powerline internet trial for tenants at Glasgow Housing Association
- Housing Specification Article: Homebuyers base decision on high speed internet connectivity
- Professional Electrician and Installer: Hassle free data installations
- Ethernet sockets ease set-up of Internet-ready offices
- Power Ethernet closes digital divide for GHA tenants
- Power Ethernet appoints Stuart Darling to head up its finance team
- Schneider Electric puts Power Ethernet technology Inside New Range of Integrated Sockets
- Power Ethernet Strikes Major Partnership with Mainline Power
- Professional Electrician and Installer: New Business Ideas
- CEDIA reveals UK Residential CI Industry set to top £1 billion
- Review: Girls n Gadgets
- InsideCI: Power Ethernet training
- CEDIA Launches First Powerline Networking Training
- Financial Times How to Spend it on Powerline sockets
- YouView present UK contractors with a huge opportunity
- PC PRO found the PE Sockets to be rock-solid
- PC Advisor Review
- Pocket-lint Review the PE Sockets
- Evaluation Pack gives AV Installers a route to YouView
- Recombu put Power Ethernet Sockets on test
- Trusted Reviews gives PE Sockets 8 out of 10
- Hexus rated the PE Socket 3.5 out of 5
- AV Forums Review
- PC PRO rated PE Sockets 4 out of 6
330 High Holborn
PR Hotline: 020 7861 2874