Power Ethernet and Nordic Wood solve outhouse networking woes at Grand Designs Live
3 May 2012 – In partnership with Scandinavian log cabin specialist Nordic Wood, British start-up Power Ethernet will be demonstrating how its Power Ethernet Sockets are ideal for extending an Internet connection to a powered outbuilding at the Grand Designs Live show in London from 5th – 13 May 2012.
Previously a costly process of employing wireless repeaters or running long lengths of traditional Ethernet network cable across gardens, Power Ethernet enables design-conscious consumers to connect their devices to the Internet and to each other using pre-existing electrical cabling. Any additional cabling is not required; Powerline Communications (PLC) networking technology embeds a data network directly into a standard British plug socket.
"We've recently seen a significant increase in people requiring extra space, mainly due to the instability of the property market during this recession. People are looking to extend their current homes rather than move, and have to be more inventive with making money, too. Many more people are now working remotely from their home, creating a need for a home office" says Olaf Eklo, Owner of Nordic Wood.
"While we can build anything from wood, from small garden rooms to full-size family homes, connectivity is now a key requirement of our customers. Power Ethernet sockets address this problem head-on, so being able to offer them to customers as a turn-key solution to this is fantastic."
Power Ethernet and Nordic Wood can be found during the show on stand G444.
About Nordic Wood:
Nordic Wood Ltd is a Scandinavian log cabin specialist. We build everything from small garden rooms to large all year around liveable homes, in either a traditional corner jointed log system or in a timber frame structure. Our aim is to present our clients with a quality bespoke timber garden building or amenity building that is based solely on their needs and design. Nordic Wood's full service concept helps create the ultimate garden cabin, summerhouse or home. A traditional or contemporary Scandinavian log cabin from Nordic Wood will not only add an air of charm and sophistication to any garden but will provide an energy efficient timber building that is suitable for all year round use.
About Power Ethernet:
Founded in 2011, Power Ethernet is a UK technology start-up with an innovative, new approach to PowerLine-based networking for both home and commercial applications. Powerline is a proven, well-established and recognised standard that uses power cables to create an instant Ethernet network. Power Ethernet’s patent pending integration of Powerline networking technology into electrical sockets provides an effective solution for businesses and home users who seek a simple but elegant solution for creating a high-speed, highly reliable network.
- Power Ethernet is a finalist for “Best Training Initiative” at the CEDIA Awards 2013
- Housing Technology: Powerline internet trial for tenants at Glasgow Housing Association
- Housing Specification Article: Homebuyers base decision on high speed internet connectivity
- Professional Electrician and Installer: Hassle free data installations
- Ethernet sockets ease set-up of Internet-ready offices
- Power Ethernet closes digital divide for GHA tenants
- Power Ethernet appoints Stuart Darling to head up its finance team
- Schneider Electric puts Power Ethernet technology Inside New Range of Integrated Sockets
- Power Ethernet Strikes Major Partnership with Mainline Power
- Professional Electrician and Installer: New Business Ideas
- CEDIA reveals UK Residential CI Industry set to top £1 billion
- Review: Girls n Gadgets
- InsideCI: Power Ethernet training
- CEDIA Launches First Powerline Networking Training
- Financial Times How to Spend it on Powerline sockets
- YouView present UK contractors with a huge opportunity
- PC PRO found the PE Sockets to be rock-solid
- PC Advisor Review
- Pocket-lint Review the PE Sockets
- Evaluation Pack gives AV Installers a route to YouView
- Recombu put Power Ethernet Sockets on test
- Trusted Reviews gives PE Sockets 8 out of 10
- Hexus rated the PE Socket 3.5 out of 5
- AV Forums Review
- PC PRO rated PE Sockets 4 out of 6
330 High Holborn
PR Hotline: 020 7861 2874