Power Ethernet Powers Up Powerline Technology
December 2011 - British technology start-up, Power Ethernet, has launched the ‘PE Socket’, the first product to integrate Powerline networking technology directly into an electrical socket so that it can be installed by electricians. Power Ethernet has signed a distribution agreement with Concordia Technologies for the UK and Ireland for the ‘PE Socket’ which will be in the market from December 2011.
Based on the HomePlug AV standard for Powerline networking, Power Ethernet’s all-in-one PE Socket combines four Ethernet network ports, a fully-managed network switch and a filtered power socket. It fits into a British Standard 35mm deep double gang metal back box and takes advantage of a building’s existing electrical wiring to create a high-speed and secure data network for connecting computers, Voice over IP phones, multimedia set-top boxes, Internet-connected TVs and other IP enabled devices. The PE Sockets have been designed to enable electricians to start specifying and installing data networks in both commercial and residential buildings without the need for additional specialist cabling or networking knowledge.
Power Ethernet Managing Director, Daniel Rogoff: “The Power Ethernet Socket is a true game changer for the electrical industry. For the first time, electricians and electrical contractors can start specifying and installing data networks for customers without specialist cabling knowledge. From Connected TVs and games consoles to CCTV and IP phones, there are a rapidly growing number of IP enabled devices in homes and workplaces that need high-speed, physical network connections. I'm very excited to be launching a product that enables the electrical industry to play a big role in satisfying that demand.”
Concordia Technologies' Executive Chairman, Jeremy Kemsley-Pein: “Power Ethernet’s PE Socket is a truly innovative product that has the potential to transform how the electrical industry will network IP enabled devices in the home and workplace. The requirement for more reliable networks in homes and businesses will only keep growing and Power Ethernet provides the electrical industry with a compelling proposition that compliments existing technologies to meet this demand. The PE Socket creates exciting new market opportunities for the entire electrical industry and fits well with our desire to deepen our long standing relationship with the electrical contractor base in the UK.”
Power Ethernet’s PE Socket is unique in integrating Powerline into the electrical fabric of a building and its sockets. It’s a professionally engineered, reliable Powerline solution which has been aesthetic designed to ensure that the sockets can be installed in the most prominent of positions. This enables the creation of a high speed network without the need for unsightly adaptors or the disruption of running specialised cabling.
A Power Ethernet network delivers the advanced networking features that are required for both streaming video around the home and for business-grade networks. However the simplicity of the product installation ensures that networks can be set-up without the need for specialist networking knowledge.
Installing two or more PE Sockets instantly creates a high speed, secure Ethernet network running across the existing electrical mains cabling. Connecting any PE Socket to a broadband service enables the sharing of Internet connectivity and digital content among all the devices plugged into them. More devices and additional rooms can be easily added to the network simply by installing additional PE Sockets so creating a truly flexible, affordable networking solution.
About Concordia Technologies:
Initially established in 1902 Concordia Technologies (formerly known as Concordia Cables) has traditionally been involved in the manufacture and distribution of industry leading cabling products and associated accessories from its distribution centre in Lancashire. Following a recent refocusing of the business Concordia Technologies has established itself as a leading value added distributor of IP related solutions.
Concordia Technologies continually pursues associations with industry leading technology brands where we strive to add value through a "best in class" service proposition that can be tailored for each segment of our established routes to market.
About Power Ethernet:
Founded in 2011, Power Ethernet is a UK technology start-up with an innovative, new approach to PowerLine-based networking for both home and commercial applications. Powerline is a proven, well-established and recognised standard that uses power cables to create an instant Ethernet network. Power Ethernet’s patent pending integration of Powerline networking technology into electrical sockets provides an effective solution for businesses and home users who seek a simple but elegant solution for creating a high-speed, highly reliable network.
- Housing Technology: Powerline internet trial for tenants at Glasgow Housing Association
- Housing Specification Article: Homebuyers base decision on high speed internet connectivity
- Professional Electrician and Installer: Hassle free data installations
- Ethernet sockets ease set-up of Internet-ready offices
- Power Ethernet closes digital divide for GHA tenants
- Power Ethernet appoints Stuart Darling to head up its finance team
- Schneider Electric puts Power Ethernet technology Inside New Range of Integrated Sockets
- Power Ethernet Strikes Major Partnership with Mainline Power
- Professional Electrician and Installer: New Business Ideas
- CEDIA reveals UK Residential CI Industry set to top £1 billion
- Review: Girls n Gadgets
- InsideCI: Power Ethernet training
- CEDIA Launches First Powerline Networking Training
- Financial Times How to Spend it on Powerline sockets
- YouView present UK contractors with a huge opportunity
- PC PRO found the PE Sockets to be rock-solid
- PC Advisor Review
- Pocket-lint Review the PE Sockets
- Evaluation Pack gives AV Installers a route to YouView
- Recombu put Power Ethernet Sockets on test
- Trusted Reviews gives PE Sockets 8 out of 10
- Hexus rated the PE Socket 3.5 out of 5
- AV Forums Review
- PC PRO rated PE Sockets 4 out of 6
- Home Cinema Choice gives the PE Socket 5 out of 5
- Sunday Times Review: Banish the wi-fi woes with a mains wizard
- The Telegraph: Power Ethernet Sockets review
- Grand Designs: Log on from your log cabin
- Review: ITProPortal gives the PE Socket a 9 out of 10
- ONELAN digital signage certifies Power Ethernet Sockets
- Article: Hiddenwires' Product of the Month
- Article: Networking within a heritage or listed building
- Power Ethernet powers up Powerline Networking for Home AV and Digital Signage Installations
- New All-in-one Power Ethernet Socket Solves Classroom Connectivity Challenges
- Power Ethernet Powers Up Powerline Technology
- Power Ethernet demonstrates PE Socket to TV and Broadband installers
- Power Ethernet exhibits at CEDIA Technology Showcase
- Power Ethernet exhibits at OneLAN
- Power Ethernet appoints Design Works to bring prototypes to life
330 High Holborn
PR Hotline: 020 7861 2874