What reviewers have said so far
The Power Ethernet Sockets have been installed and tested by a varierty of magazines, technical jounals, newspapers as well as by customers. Here is a selection of their experiences:
Stuart Miles of Pocket-Lint: "If you are looking to get a wired connection to devices such as your new YouView box or your Xbox 360, and want more than one Ethernet connection via your plug socket this is worth considering." Read more...
Alex Lane at Recombu Reviews: "Power Ethernet’s T1000 is the first in a range designed to make powerline networking more flexible and elegant."
I’ve seen several reviews criticising the PE T1000’s cost compared to single-socket Ethernet adapters costing £40. This compares more closely to adapters with multiple Ethernet ports that are likely to cost around £100 and are a lot less elegant. Read more...
Jim Martin from PC Advisor said "We’ve seen a lot of powerline networking adapters, but nothing quite like Power Ethernet’s T1000. This new British company aims to make powerline networking a lot more socially acceptable by ridding sockets of the unsightly ‘wall warts’ you'd traditionally associate with HomePlugs" Read more...
The Telegraph (4/5)
Matt Warman at The Telegraph gave the PE Sockets 4 out of 5. “Even the most peculiar geek would struggle to find a power socket remotely alluring. And yet – who would have thought it? – there is much to get excited about in the products of British start-up Power Ethernet.” Read more...
Paul Ockenden from PC PRO World Computing said: “In use, I’ve found Power Ethernet devices to be rock-solid. With other brands of HomePlug device I’ve found myself having to reset them from time to time as they lock up, but I’ve had no such trouble with these devices.” Read more...
AV Forums Review
Stephen Withers from AV Forums review the PE Sockets “ We were genuinely impressed with both the professional look of the Power Ethernet sockets and their ability to create a highly effective network in my cottage. Not only were the sockets easy to install but the results were excellent and provide a genuine alternative to our WiFi which, due to the thickness of the walls, can be a bit touch and go at times.”
Home Cinema Choice (5/5)
Steve May at Home Cinema Choice gave the PE Sockets 5 out of 5.
"the PE socket reviewed here is the most sophisticated example we've yet seen of this [Powerline] technology"
Trusted Reviews (8/10)
Benny Har-Even for Trusted Reviews gives PE Sockets 8 out of 10.
"The Power Ethernet Socket T1000 is a great idea integrating power and Ethernet into a double-plug sized socket, enabling a property to be networked up quickly and elegantly.”
- Housing Specification Article: Homebuyers base decision on high speed internet connectivity
- Professional Electrician and Installer: Hassle free data installations
- Ethernet sockets ease set-up of Internet-ready offices
- Power Ethernet closes digital divide for GHA tenants
- Power Ethernet appoints Stuart Darling to head up its finance team
- Schneider Electric puts Power Ethernet technology Inside New Range of Integrated Sockets
- Power Ethernet Strikes Major Partnership with Mainline Power
- Professional Electrician and Installer: New Business Ideas
- CEDIA reveals UK Residential CI Industry set to top £1 billion
- Review: Girls n Gadgets
- InsideCI: Power Ethernet training
- CEDIA Launches First Powerline Networking Training
- Financial Times How to Spend it on Powerline sockets
- YouView present UK contractors with a huge opportunity
- PC PRO found the PE Sockets to be rock-solid
- PC Advisor Review
- Pocket-lint Review the PE Sockets
- Evaluation Pack gives AV Installers a route to YouView
- Recombu put Power Ethernet Sockets on test
- Trusted Reviews gives PE Sockets 8 out of 10
- Hexus rated the PE Socket 3.5 out of 5
- AV Forums Review
- PC PRO rated PE Sockets 4 out of 6
- Home Cinema Choice gives the PE Socket 5 out of 5
- Sunday Times Review: Banish the wi-fi woes with a mains wizard
- The Telegraph: Power Ethernet Sockets review
- Grand Designs: Log on from your log cabin
- Review: ITProPortal gives the PE Socket a 9 out of 10
- ONELAN digital signage certifies Power Ethernet Sockets
- Article: Hiddenwires' Product of the Month
- Article: Networking within a heritage or listed building
- Power Ethernet powers up Powerline Networking for Home AV and Digital Signage Installations
- New All-in-one Power Ethernet Socket Solves Classroom Connectivity Challenges
- Power Ethernet Powers Up Powerline Technology
- Power Ethernet demonstrates PE Socket to TV and Broadband installers
- Power Ethernet exhibits at CEDIA Technology Showcase
- Power Ethernet exhibits at OneLAN
- Power Ethernet appoints Design Works to bring prototypes to life
330 High Holborn
PR Hotline: 020 7861 2874