Power Ethernet Product Description
The Power Ethernet Sockets (Powerline Sockets) are the only HomePlug Powerline compatible products in the market that embed all the electronics inside a standard wall power socket.
The technology inside the Powerline Sockets allows the use of the existing mains cables as a way to transmit high speed data and environmental services throughout the building without the cost and disruption of installing additional cabling.
The Powerline Sockets provide a networking solution suitable for home users and businesses of all sizes and in all sectors by creating a robust and secure network with an easy installation that is tamper and theft proof. The unit also complies with Health & Safety regulations.
The Powerline Sockets have been developed with the highest quality standards and have been submitted to intensive testing procedures with network performance in mind; their unique design incorporates over 100 additional electronic components over a typical Powerline adapter in order to improve the network quality and the durability of the unit.
The Powerline Socket incorporates a 4 port, high speed managed Ethernet switch which eliminates the need for adding additional network switches. This removes the clutter and hassle of additional cables under desks or behind televisions.
Embedded within the Powerline Socket is an integrated mains filter in order to minimise the effect of any electrical noise on the circuit and therefore delivery the maximum available bandwidth and the network backbone is robust and is automatically encrypted with 128bit AES security.
Expanding the Powerline network is very easy by just adding new Powerline Sockets. Up to 64 Powerline Sockets can be integrated in the same network and up to 300 meters apart. The network has a maximum throughput of 200Mbps (gross) which is fast enough to smoothly stream full-HD video.
The Powerline Sockets have good green credentials that allow the sockets to automatically go into power save mode for reduced power consumption when the network ports are not being used; it also has the option to put individual units into deep hibernation for further power savings.
Externally the design is aesthetically pleasant with snap on fascias that allows changes of type of cover from metal to plastics to different styles and finishes from basic plastic to stainless.
Find out how Powerline technology works.
Benefits and Features
- No rewiring required
- Simple to install by any electrician – simply replace a power socket with an Power Ethernet Socket
- Professional and aesthetic installation by replacing existing double-gang power sockets
- Reduces infrastructure costs by using existing mains cabling throughout the building
- Removes the clutter and danger of cables thereby improving Health and Safety
- Minimises installation disruption — no need to lift floor panels and replacing a socket is quick and easy
- All Ethernet points automatically mesh together into a secure network without needing a patch panel and Ethernet switch
- Much cheaper to replace existing power sockets with PE Sockets then to add additional structured cables
- Installed into the wall making it difficult to steal or disconnect
- Ethernet across a meshed network at up to 200Mbps (gross)
- Range up to 300m between Power Ethernet sockets over the mains cables
- Connect the broadband router to share Internet access
- Fast enough to stream High Definition (HD) video
- Utilises the Atheros INT6400 chipset which is compatible with HomePlug Alliance AV standard
- Supports Windows, Mac, Linux and all operating systems with a Ethernet port (RJ45)
- Built in managed switch supports TOS Bits and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Built-in AES 128 bit security
- Support for TV over IP (IPTV), Voice Over IP (VoIP) and Ethernet CCTV cameras
- Fits a standard UK two-gang 35 mm deep metal back box
- And of course power
Two or more Power Ethernet sockets (or HomePlug AV compatible devices) are required to create a network.
The power outlets must be electrically connected sharing the same power rail in order for Powerline devices to provide a network connection between them.