Facts about Power Ethernet
Power Ethernet Press Fast Facts
- Power Ethernet is a British technology start-up with an innovative, new approach to Powerline-based networking for homes and businesses.
- Founded 2011 with headquarters in London and research and development in the UK.
- Power Ethernet sells to both consumers and businesses, operating a distribution network that supplies systems integrators, building specifiers, electricians, home builders and home automation specialists.
- Power Ethernet has a growing number of pending patent requests started in 2007 relating to the integration of Powerline technology into electrical sockets and devices.
- Power Ethernet has a highly experienced management team with a successful track record of taking early-stage technologies to market.
- Power Ethernet’s first product – the PE Socket 200AV T1000 – offers a unique combination of four Ethernet network ports, a fully-managed network switch and a filtered 3-pin power socket. It is the first product to integrate Powerline data networking technology directly into an electrical socket. The product fits a British Standard double gang 35mm deep metal back box.
- Installing two or more PE Sockets instantly creates a high speed, secure Ethernet network running across the existing electrical mains cabling. Connecting any PE Socket to a broadband service enables the sharing of Internet connectivity and digital content among all the devices plugged into them. More devices and additional rooms can be easily added to the network simply by installing additional PE Sockets so creating a truly flexible, affordable networking solution
- The product is simple enough for any electrician to install and set-up a secure data network. Under existing UK regulations, consumers can install the sockets in their own home as long as the installation is in accordance with the wiring regulations.
- The PE Socket includes a business class managed network switch to provide Quality of Service and advanced networking functionality.
- The PE Socket automatically goes into power save mode for reduced power consumption when the network ports are not being used. It also has the option to put individual units into deep hibernation for further power savings (less than 0.5W).
- Setting up a network with the PE Sockets is non-disruptive, faster and easier than installing structured data cable. It also offers greater flexibility when upgrading or expanding a network.
- The PE Sockets network uses the existing mains cabling already in the building and can therefore provide whole building network coverage and avoid the coverage blackspots that are typical from WiFi networking.
- The PE Sockets are built into the wall making the installation highly tamper and theft resistant.
- Founder, Andrew Delamare, ex-head of architecture at Alcatel Lucent, who recognised that Powerline technology would never reach its potential as a plug-in solution.
- Managing director, Daniel Rogoff, was the first sales person with PayPoint plc, now a FTSE Mid-250 company, playing a key role during the research, start-up and formative years.
- Marketing Director, James Gardiner, oversaw the marketing and PR functions for Demon Internet, one of the UK’s first Internet Service Providers.
- IP Barrister, Guy Tritton, specialising in intellectual property and IT, as well as franchising, competition law and commercial disputes.