Press releases and articles
La Gaffe Hotel finally eliminated weak Wi-Fi spots with Power Ethernet's Integrated Powerline Solution
19 March 2014, Power Ethernet’s Integrated Powerline Solution solved La Gaffe Hotel and Restaurant’s continuous fighting to provide its customers with a reliable Internet connectivity to the restaurant, bar, rooms and other communal areas.
La Gaffe is located in the heart of Hampstead Village -- a conservation area in London-- it comprises of 36 guest rooms, restaurant, and bar located among multiple dwellings with 50cm thick walls between dwellings. The WiFi Network was not robust enough to provide reliable internet access throughout the building as it suffers from coverage black spots due to thick, signal-degrading walls, the size and distribution of the property.
Installing structural data cabling is too expensive and disruptive. It will require cutting into walls and ceilings causing additional building work and disrupting the normal operations of the hotel, bar and restaurant.
Power Ethernet’s Integrated Powerline Networking Solution provided La Gaffe with instant distribution of Internet access across building by creating a data network that runs over the electrical wiring.
As there was no need of installing any new cabling, the network was deployed in a matter of hours and without any major redecoration works. This, not only made the networking deployment cost-effective, but also minimised disruption and downtime.
Key Benefits of Power Ethernet’s Solution:
- Fast and robust Internet access with minimal disruption and no mess.
- As no rewiring is needed, installation can be done in a matter of hours keeping downtime to a minimum.
- The flexibility of the Power Ethernet technology allows the solution to be implemented across single and three phase electrical boards.
- High value, low investment cost of providing internet in each room up and running in a matter of hours.
- As the solution is built into the wall, the installation is discreet, theft and tamper-proof and looks aesthetically pleasing.
- Eliminates cost of “making good” the décor.
- There is limited loss of revenue as the hotel’s normal operations are not noticeably disrupted by the installation.
Lorenzo Stella,Owner of La Gaffe said: "We are very pleased with Power Ethernet’s Integrated Data Solution, not only was it installed in a matter of hours, but also it allowed us to continue with our normal operation in both the hotel and the restaurant saving us lots of time and money. At last, we found a solution that banished the WiFi coverage black spots and now, reliable Internet connectivity is available throughout the hotel, the restaurant and the bar."
Read the La Gaffe Hotel Case Study
About Power Ethernet:
Founded in 2011, Power Ethernet is a UK technology start-up with an innovative, new approach to PowerLine-based networking for both home and commercial applications. Powerline is a proven, well-established and recognised standard that uses power cables to create an instant Ethernet network. Power Ethernet’s patent pending integration of Powerline networking technology into electrical sockets provides an effective solution for businesses and home users who seek a simple but elegant solution for creating a high-speed, highly reliable network.