- Powerline or Power Line Communication (PLC), also known as power line carrier, mains communication, Power Line Telecom (PLT), or Power Line Networking (PLN), is a system for carrying data on a conductor also used for electric power transmission.
- HomePlug Alliance
- An industry trade group for power line communication. This organisation of about 70 companies defines power line communication specifications. Their web site can be found at www.homeplug.org
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface. A compact audio/video connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams.
- WiFi (or Wi-Fi)
- The trade name for a popular wireless technology used in home networks, mobile phones, video games and more. Wi-Fi is supported by nearly every modern personal computer operating system and most advanced game consoles.
- A family of frame-based computer networking technologies for local area networks (LANs). The name comes from the physical concept of "the ether".
For more information on any of these topics, we recommend looking them up on Wikipedia.