Be part of the next technology revolution with Power Ethernet's Integrated Powerline Solution.
The Connected Home is potentially the next big technology revolution, the world is moving into an era where everything is connected. As technology advances, so the range of connected devices increases from entertainment to education, home automation and security to healthcare. We can now interact with our governments, control our energy use and measure our energy consumption through devices such as smart meters.
The devices and services which make up the connected home are either already available or being developed, so will ultimately arrive in everyone’s home. The challenge is to ensure people can get the most out of them by providing a joined-up, robust network in which all these services can be delivered but where consumers keep control of the network, their devices and data. It is here that Power Ethernet’s Integrated Powerline networking solution becomes essential; the system uses existing wiring already available in every room -- the mains power wiring -- to send and receive the data, without the need for additional expensive dedicated cabling or a reliance on WiFi, providing the network backbone of the Connected Home.
In some cases, structured CAT5/6 network cabling can be disruptive to fit and extending existing networks can be costly. Similarly, WiFi is fundamentally limited in its coverage and performance capabilities as a result of building materials and interference from other networks. Powerline technology provides a solution as it can be retrofitted into homes as well as incorporated into new build developments. With dedicated software to assign password security, Powerline can offer a robust and secure backbone for a smarter home.
So, whether in a child’s bedroom where there is a link to a games console, the Smart TV in the living room, or the computer in the home office, it’s possible to achieve a truly integrated and effective solution.
Furthermore, the Powerline solution features advanced network functionality including advanced Quality of Service (QoS), multicast and combines with a stylish design, to optimise energy usage; automatically switching to power save mode for reduced consumption when not in use.
For more information about how Power Ethernet's solution can enable the delivery of the Connect Home, fill in the Contact Us form.
- Provide easy and cost effective network deployments
- No rewiring required - uses existing mains cables
- Simple to install by any electrician
- Minimises business disruption and downtime
- Reduces infrastructure costs
- Removes the clutter and danger of cables
- Minimises installation disruption
- Advance network functionality
- Becomes part of the building infrastructure
- Ethernet across a meshed network
- Range up to 300m between Powerline Sockets over the mains cables
- Connect the broadband router to any Powerline Socket to share Internet access
- Fast enough to stream High Definition (HD) video
- Utilises the Qualcomm Atheros chipsets which are compatible with HomePlug Alliance AV standard
- Supports all operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) with Ethernet ports (RJ45)
- Built in managed switch supports TOS Bits and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Built-in AES 128 bit security to encrypt data sent over the mains power cabling
- Support for TV over IP (IPTV), Voice Over IP (VoIP) and Ethernet CCTV cameras
- For larger installations, multiple Powerline networks can be joined together via an Ethernet cable
- Two or more Powerline Sockets (or HomePlug AV compatible devices) are required to create a network.
- The power outlets must be electrically connected and share the same circuit or phase, and be installed within 300m (max) of each other in order for Powerline devices to provide a network connection between them.